Manuka Honey Walnut Chickpea Blondies
A totally yummy, healthier alternative to everybody's favourite brownie. Your family and friends will be pleasantly surprised! Manuka honey adds a depth as the sweetener that you are sure to enjoy!
- 1 3/4 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Manuka Honey
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- Toast 1 cup of walnuts on a baking tray (lined with baking paper) in a 180°C preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Process the toasted, cooled walnuts in a food processor for 2 to 3 minutes, (scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally) until it’s smooth and runny.
- Add the chickpeas, Manuka Honey, rolled oats, vanilla extract and dry ingredients to the food processor. Process until well blended.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the chopped walnuts. Transfer the batter to a lined baking tin and sprinkle with the remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 180°C for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and slice into squares.