Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Avocado Salad with ManukaHoney Balsamic Dressing
A nutritious Autumn salad that both tastes good and is flexible enough to have as a yummy hearty lunch or as a side dish for dinner tine with the addition of your favourite protein. Manuka honey adds depth to the dressing that you are sure to enjoy!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 400g Chickpeas
- 1 Avocado
- Drizzle Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 120g Baby Spinach
- Sprinkle Sesame or Poppy Seeds
- 1 tsp Manuka Honey
- 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
How To Make:
- Place sweet potato and chickpeas on a large baking sheet, drizzle with oil and spices, toss to coat.
- Place in the oven and roast at 200°C for about 30 min, or until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Peel and cube avocado and set aside.
- Make the dressing in a small bowl, whisk together and set aside.
- Assemble the salad.
- Add baby spinach to serving dish/plate, top with the roasted sweet potatoes and chickpeas.
- Drizzle dressing over and toss together.
- Add avocado and a sprinkle of sesame/poppy seeds over top.